- candeyman75 likes this
- bonkasaurus likes this
- fatladystyleco likes this
- utterlyfubar likes this
- angelic-silhouette-s likes this
- jenlovesbeardsandstuff reblogged this from ashleynelltipton
- millwork21 reblogged this from voluptuousambitions
- voluptuousambitions reblogged this from stylishcurvesoftheday
- girlzwithcurves likes this
- stylishcurvesoftheday reblogged this from ashleynelltipton
- misschocolatesupreme likes this
- elizabum likes this
- myfemalegaze likes this
- ashleynelltipton posted this
At the young age of 7 years old, I designer Ashley Tipton discovered the love of sewing. I spent days working, and re-working clothes for my Barbies, and in the process learned to use my grandmother’s sewing machine. By the time I reached my freshman year of high school, I was skilled enough to wow my drama class with my final project, designing costumes for the classic musical “Grease” and decided then and there, this was my passion. Along with the accomplishment of completing my senior year of high school came the pride of knowing I had also completed my first entire collection, and I decided that a career in fashion was for me. I says the feeling of excitement from seeing my pieces go from illustration, to pattern, to garment explains why!
Upon returning from a trip to Paris and London, I shared that the most inspiring part of the trip was seeing my fellow design students at the Atelier Chandon Savard school in Paris, and how the hands on approach they take to design matched my own. The students at the school shared that I can’t let other peoples opinions stand in my way, and created the catch phase I now uses on herself, “Go Big Or Go Home”, which is not going to be a problem for me the up and coming!